Self Storage FAQs
Please find below answers to questions commonly asked of North Brisbane Storage or handy storage tips and suggestions.
How much space will I need?
North Brisbane Storage’s range of storage container sizes mean you only pay for the space you actually require, however the space you need will depend on what you are storing and how accessible you want it to be. Check out our Container Sizes menu item for an indication of what the most popular container sizes can store, but by all means contact the office for help with calculating the space that is right for you.
Do I have to sign anything?
Yes. We have a NBS Storage agreement form (.docx 72kb) which needs to be filled out and signed. However, rest assured you will never be locked in to any long-term contract.
How much notice do I have to give to leave my space?
30 days is all the notice you need to vacate your container. You are never locked into a lengthy storage container rental agreement.
How much notice do you need for container transport?
7 days is all the notice we need to arrange pickup or delivery of your DIY self pack container, or offsite storage container.
What are my hours of access?
Standard access is available from 7am to 6pm, 365 days a year.
How do I transport my goods into storage?
Many customers utilise their own ute or trailer. Some organise removalists. However, you also have the opportunity to take advantage of North Brisbane Storage’s container transport service to move your goods into storage! Available for local moves within a 50 km radius of our Burpengary facility. Enquire at the time of booking your storage space.
Are my goods insured?
No, not by default. You must take out your own insurance if you do not have an existing policy that will cover your belongings while in storage.
How can I pay?
BPay, bank deposit or credit card.
Do you have any tips for packing my goods?
- Defrost and deodorise fridges and freezers before placing into storage, leave the door open slightly to allow air to circulate.
- Remove batteries from toys etc to avoid damage from battery leakage.
- Wrap computers and electrical items in bubble wrap before packing into strong boxes.
- Store books in purpose-made book boxes and lay them flat to avoid damage.
- Wrap delicate items in paper before packing and use scrunched-up paper to stop them moving around.
- Cover mattresses and soft furniture.
- Take care in packing your storage space, placing large and heavy items at the back, stacking boxes at one side and putting things for which you need regular access at the front of the container.